Sony XAVAX8100: Digital Multimedia ReceiverRegular price $1,199.99 Sale price $1,099.99 Save 8%
About the Sony XAVAX8100: Digital Multimedia Receiver
Lots to love:
If you've been on the fence about upgrading the radio in your vehicle, it's time to hop over. Sony's XAV-AX8100 Digital Multimedia Receiver gives you phone integration essentials like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, plus screen-mirroring capability through WebLink cast. But the really exciting thing is that it uses a single din (2" tall) chassis design to unlock awesome, 9" touchscreen control for vehicle owners who thought they could never have an interface this big in their dash. This Sony's resistive touchscreen hovers over your dash and you can adjust its angle for the best possible fit. All that, plus extra power, awesome expandability, and quick wake-up when you start the car, help make this stereo an upgrade you won't regret.
Works in most dashes:
The XAV-AX8100 comes in two main pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 9" touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single din dash openings, so it'll work great in many older vehicles. When you mount the chassis in your dash opening, the screen offers three-way adjustability so that you don't block essential climate controls upon installation.
What's better than Apple CarPlay? Apple CarPlay on a 9" screen! Take your iPhone experience in the car to the next level through a seamless interface and Siri-powered voice control you know.
Android Auto and more:
Sony builds in Android Auto, an in-car essential for any Android user. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps.
Through WebLink cast and a wired connection, you'll be able to mirror your Android or iPhone touchscreen and see it on your stereo's 9" display. It's a great way to access apps not supported by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
Of course, Sony gives you Bluetooth as well. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone and the included microphone, or stream music from your phone through ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Use the rear USB input to attach your smartphone for use through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, or you can connect a thumb drive on your favorite music, video files, and even lossless FLAC files for a more fulfilling sound. Sony also includes a rear-view camera input and distance guidance display to make the XAV-AX8100 your perfect command center. Sony also includes an HDMI input to incorporate compatible video sources. And this radio is SiriusXM-ready, so you can add a satellite radio tuner and enjoy your favorite music, sports, entertainment, and more anywhere you go.
Awesome power and expandability:
Sony gives you impressive signal processing and power built-in, but if you're building a more robust system on an outboard amp, 5 V preamp outputs supply a satisfying clear signal. Plus, you'll have a 10-band graphic EQ, extra bass, and more sound-sculpting tools to help you dial in the sound you've always wanted in the car.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this Receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Bluetooth note: use of this Receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
- Digital Multimedia Receiver (does not play CDs)
- 9" resistive anti-glare touchscreen and three-way adjustable mount
- Fits single din dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
- WebLink cast for screen-mirroring through Apple and Android devices
Audio / video features:
- Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- 10-band graphic equalizer
- High and low-pass filters
- Extra bass
- Dynamic stage organizer for improving stereo image
- Works through SiriusXM SXV300 tuner
- Inputs: rear USB port, HDMI input, and rear-view camera input
- Outputs: 5 channel preamp outputs (5 V front, rear, mono sub)
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS CTA-2006 / 55 peak x 4 channels)
- Wireless remote
- Compatible alongside most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Quick wake-up feature for fast turn-on
- Warranty: 3 years
- MFR # XAV-AX8100
What's in the box:
- Single din source unit (10 A fuse)
- 9" touchscreen monitor
- Wiring harness (attached 6.5" parking brake wire)
- 3-wire to 3.5 mm SWC adapter
- 52" USB extension cable
- 23" USB extension cable
- Remote control (RM-X170)
- CR2025 3 V battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone (attached 12" cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5 mm connector)
- Surface bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Four M 5 x 8 mm ISO-screws
- Four M 4 x 6 mm machine screws
- M 3 x 8 mm machine screw
- Hook-and-loop cable-tie
- 2 rear-panel covers
- Cable-cover (pre-installed)
- Operating instructions
- Warranty information
- Installation note