Sony XAV-AX7000: Digital Multimedia Receiver
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
About the Sony XAV-AX7000: Digital Multimedia Receiver
One powerful stereo:
Sony has always been a strong choice when it's time to upgrade your factory radio, but their XAV-AX7000 Digital Multimedia Receiver rises to the top of the heap when it comes to built-in power. Through 45 W RMS per channel and five 5 V preamp outputs, this Receiver's Class-D amplifier gives you the tools to start building a seriously impressive system. Plus, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto offer the best smartphone integration out there, letting you access your media through easy-to-use icons on a 7" anti-glare capacitive touchscreen or by using voice control.
When you start up your vehicle, the XAV-AX7000's quick wake-up design loads your home screen 2.5 times faster than previous models. And through your smartphone connected via USB, you can jump right into Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the best of your apps on the big screen. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. You'll get access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music.
Go wireless through Bluetooth:
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, alongside the convenience of hands-free phone calls. This Sony lets you enjoy all the content without plugging in when you get behind the wheel. You can install the included wired microphone close to you, so callers can hear you loud and clear.
So many music options:
Sony supplies two USB inputs, so you can take advantage of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and still play Digital music files from a flash drive. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
So many sound options:
This Receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 10-band graphic equalizer, extra bass for low-frequency enhancement, and dynamic stage organizer (DSO) which creates virtual speakers on your dash for better sound staging. The XAV-AX7000 also includes 5 V front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs for when it's time to add amplifiers to your system. And in a 2.1 channel setup, you can power a subwoofer from this Receiver, using Sony's subwoofer direct connection.
Bluetooth note: use of this Receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
Installation note: we recommend running a dedicated constant power wire to the battery for optimal performance from this Sony's amp — we offer an inexpensive wiring kit for this installation. This Sony's high-powered amp won't work in systems where the factory amplifier is still active.
Note: you'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this Receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- Digital Multimedia Receiver
- 7" anti-glare capacitive touchscreen display
- Built-in internal amp (45 W RMS / 100 peak x 4 channels)
- Works through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Plays FLAC files on USB drives
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora and Spotify control through iPhone and Android
- Siri control
Audio / video features:
- Plays media from USB memory devices
- 10-band equalizer
- Dynamic stage organizer (DSO) compensates for low speaker positions
- Subwoofer controls
- Compatible alongside Sirius XM satellite radio tuner
- Inputs: dual rear USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- Outputs: 5 channel preamp outputs (5 V front, rear, subwoofer)
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this Receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Subwoofer direct connection (run a single sub off a single rear channel)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Fits double din dash openings
- Compatible alongside most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Warranty: 3 years
- MFR # XAV-AX7000
What's in the box:
- Digital Multimedia Receiver (15 A fuse)
- Wiring harness (6.5" parking brake wire)
- Steering remote adapter
- Remote control (RM-X170)
- CR2025 3 V battery (installed in remote)
- 52" USB extension cable
- Microphone (attached 12" cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5 mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 4 ISO-screws
- Operating instructions