Sony XAV-AX5500: Digital Multimedia ReceiverRegular price $799.99 Sale price $599.99 Save 25%
About the Sony XAV-AX5500: Digital Multimedia Receiver
One serious stereo:
Sony packs just about everything you need in a modern stereo into their smartly designed XAV-AX5500 Digital Multimedia Receiver. You'll get a vivid 7" capacitive touchscreen as well as handy buttons for quick control, plus a compact chassis that makes installation very convenient. To enhance your in-car smartphone experience, Sony integrates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so you can access your essential apps for entertainment, texting, navigation, and more, and even use your voice to make commands so your eyes stay on the road.
Fits in many spots:
Since the XAV-AX5500 doesn't have a disc player, it can go into a lot more spaces than a regular radio. The screen is the same size as a typical double din (4" tall) Receiver, but the actual chassis is just a single din (2" tall) opening height. And it's shallower than typical stereos, so you can tuck the wiring underneath the chassis to make sliding it into the dash easier.
The Sony XAV-AX5500's slim and shallow chassis allows plenty of room for wiring.
Easy smartphone integration:
Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink let you access your phone's content with the sound of your voice or the touch of a finger. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in your Android or iPhone, and you'll get access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music.
The wonder of WebLink:
WebLink is a handy way to access certain phone apps that aren't covered by Android Auto or CarPlay through the Receiver.
WebLink cast from the WebLink app lets Android and iPhone users mirror their smartphone displays on the XAV-AX5500's screen while the vehicle is parked.
Go wireless alongside Bluetooth:
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with the convenience of hands-free phone calls. This Sony lets you enjoy all the content without plugging in when you get behind the wheel. You can install the included wired microphone close to you, so callers can hear you loud and clear.
If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a Sirius XM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
Dual USB inputs:
Sony builds in two USB inputs for keeping your phone charged as well as easy access to files on a flash drive, including FLAC and even a variety of video files. Please note that one input provides select audio functionality while the other provides audio / video functionality.
This Receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 10-band graphic equalizer and dynamic stage organizer (DSO) which creates virtual speakers on your dash for better soundstaging. Supporting the soundshaping is the clear and natural sound of Sony's powerful dynamic reality Amp 2. The XAV-AX5500 also includes 5 V front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs for when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
Bluetooth note: use of this Receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
Note: you'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this Receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- Digital Multimedia Receiver
- 7" capacitive touchscreen display
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Wireless remote
- Works through Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink
- Voice control through Siri and Google Assistant
Audio / video features:
- Plays media from USB memory devices
- 10-band equalizer
- Extra bass for bass enhancement
- Dynamic stage organizer (DSO) compensates for low speaker positions
- Subwoofer controls
- Compatible alongside Sirius XM satellite radio tuner
- Inputs: dual rear USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- Outputs: 5 channel preamp outputs (5 V front, rear, mono sub)
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this Receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Built-in internal amp (20 W RMS / 55 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Fits double din dash openings
- Compatible alongside most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Warranty: 3 years
- MFR # XAV-AX5500
What's in the box:
- Digital Multimedia Receiver (10 A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (RM-X170)
- CR2025 3 V battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone (attached 12" cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5 mm connector)
- 52" USB extension cable
- Two-sided tape
- Four M 5 x 9 mm ISO-screws
- Operating instructions
- Warranty sheet