Rockford Fosgate T400X2AD: Compact 2-Channel Car Amplifier
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
About the Rockford Fosgate T400X2AD: Compact 2-Channel Car Amplifier
Super compact, bursting through power:
Rockford Fosgate's power series T400X2AD 2-Channel Amplifier can send each of your speakers up to 200 W RMS, or you can use this tiny powerpack to run a sub through up to 400 W. A dual fan forced air cooling system keeps this sturdy little amp from overheating, so it can play hard for a long, long time.
Class-AD: accurate and powerful:
Rockford Fosgate uses their proprietary Class-AD Amplifier technology, combining the high fidelity of a Class-A system through the high efficiency of their special Class-D technology, to bring you this ultra-efficient, high output Amplifier. In other words, this compact amp produces more power through less current draw from your vehicle's charging system than most other amps on the road today.
Rockford Fosgate's high tech solutions yield more power:
Power series Amplifiers actively monitor speaker performance using Rockford Fosgate's constant power technology. A speaker's impedance naturally fluctuates as it performs, fighting against your amp's output. So, just like your cruise control increases the engine's RPM to maintain your car's speed uphill, constant power maintains this amp's output by increasing its internal voltage and current flow when the speaker's impedance rises. This results in up to a 25% increase in the amp's total power output.
T400X2AD control panel including clip lights
Easy to set for optimum performance:
Rockford Fosgate's C.L.E.A.N. technology (calibrated level eliminates audible noise) setup system ensures your music will sound as clean and powerful as possible. It works like this: first download the setup tones from Rockford Fosgate, then play the tone, adjust the receiver volume until a red clip light on the amp goes out, then turn the amp gain up until a blue light comes on. It's that simple — your Amplifier will be perfectly set to match your receiver's output. When your receiver reaches maximum clean volume, you'll get maximum clean power from your power amp. At quiet listening levels, you'll hear less background noise and more of your music.
If that blue light turns solid red while you're playing music, the amp's telling you that your source is distorting and you should turn it down, or risk damage to your gear. The optional PLC2 remote level control also doubles as a clip indicator, so you can see from the front seat if your music's clipping.
T400X2AD input and punch connections
- 2-Channel Car Amplifier
- 200 W RMS x 2 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 400 W RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4 ohms stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class-AD Amplifier design
- Constant power technology maintains full output power despite impedance changes
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes clip lights and link to Rockford Fosgate's setup tones
- Differential input circuitry helps eliminate hum
- Dual-fan forced induction cooling
- Variable high and low-pass filters (50-250 hz, 12 dB / octave)
- Variable Punch EQ (bass / treble boost: 0-18 dB at 45 hz, 0-14 dB at 12,500 hz)
- Optional PLC2 punch level control wired remote including clip light
- Preamp and speaker level inputs
- Signal sensing turn on through speaker level inputs eliminates need for remote turn on lead
- 8 gauge power and ground leads and a 60 amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not including Amplifier
- No onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60 amp in line fuse between the distribution block and the Amplifier is recommended
- 7 " W x 1 - 5 / 8" H x 4 - 1 / 4" D
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel Car Amplifier
- 14" input harness (4 pin Molex connector to 2 female RCA's)
- 8" speaker output harness (4 pin Molex connector to bare wire)
- Amplifier quick setup sheet
- Certificate of performance verification