QSC K8.2: 8" Active LoudspeakerRegular price $1,289.00
The QSC K8.2 represents the best-inclass Loudspeaker for today's demanding audio professionals. The perfect combination of elegant design, superior audio performance, high functionality, simple and intuitive operation, and genuine QSC reliability, K.2 delivers extraordinary results for users in both portable and installed applications.
- Best in-class audio performance
- 2000 W Class-D amplifier module
- Intrinsic correction tuning and Loudspeaker management
- DMT (directivity matched transition) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
- Factory presets and savable / recallable scenes for commonly-used application
- Multi-function digital display for control and selection of Loudspeaker functions including cross-over, EQ, delay and frequency contour
- Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications
- Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- Complete ease and CAD information available online
- 6-year warranty (through product registration)
Advanced power and DSP:
The 2000 W power module delivers ample burst and continuous power for the Loudspeaker's premium drivers. It has been designed through very low-noise fan cooling, enabling the enclosures to be used in settings where background noise must be kept to a minimum. Carefully tailored, subtle and sophisticated dynamics processing is used to protect the drivers from damage and the performance from distortion.
The user may select from an extensive list of factory preset EQ contours including live, dance, monitor, and many more.
Savable and recallable scenes can store information like user EQ, delay, and input configuration settings.
A pair of balanced combo XLR / F plus 1 / 4" TRS connectors through independent gain control are provided. The first is equipped through selectable mic / line (microphone or line) level input while the second offers selectable HI-Z / line (high impedance or line) level input, specifically for musical instruments. Both inputs are connected directly to a pair of XLR / M throughput connectors so that the signals may be "daisy-chained" to another audio device. A 3.5 mm TRS input jack through independent gain control is also provided for connection of sources such as smart phones, computers, and MP3 players.
In addition to the two throughput XLR's, a line-level output through the mixed signal from all inputs is also provided. (An optional security cover (K-LOC) may be installed to prevent unauthorized tampering of settings)
DMT (directivity matched transition) design matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the cross-over frequency through the horn pattern to ensure uniform response across the coverage area. Intrinsic correction techniques are also employed ensuring smooth power response from the Loudspeaker. The result is an extremely accurate Loudspeaker that behaves well in a wide range of acoustic spaces through little or no equalization.
Each model is housed in a rugged ABS enclosure through a professional yet unobtrusive appearance that is at home in any application. Each model can be utilized in either main PA or floor monitor applications, while ergonomic handles and a heavy-duty steel grille through fabric lining further enhance overall appearance and functionality. The dual pole cups allow a zero or 7.5 degree downward tilt when deployed on a pole. This allows for more even coverage across the listening area and less problems due to rear wall reflections. For suspended applications, integrated M10 fittings through a single pullback are included to accommodate M10 eyebolts. An optional yoke mount accessory is also available for permanent installation to walls and ceilings or for temporary attachment to truss (requires 3rd party hardware).
Robust QSC reliability backed by a global 6-year warranty.