Kenwood Excelon DMX809S: Digital multimedia receiver (does not play discs)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Not your typical car stereo
The Kenwood Excelon DMX809S multimedia receiver uses audiophile-grade components to deliver outstanding sound quality. Its 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display gives you a premium command centre for a top-notch infotainment system. With built-in wired and wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, you'll have all your most-used phone features on a big display. And if you're looking for some alternative music sources, take advantage of HD Radio®, high-res audio playback, and satellite radio with an optional tuner. Plus, Bluetooth makes hands-free calling and music streaming easy.
And if that's not enough, Kenwood backs this Excelon Series receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Having a familiar interface like Android Auto working for you can be a comfort during drive time.
Serious phone integration
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto put your phone's content at your fingertips. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in or wirelessly link your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Android owners, you can mirror your phone's screen using this receiver's USB port and the free Mirroring OA for Kenwood app. This receiver's micro-HDMI input also lets you mirror the screen from select phones by using a compatible HDMI adapter for your phone (sold separately) and Kenwood's KCA-HD200 micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable.
Bluetooth for everyone in the car
The DMX809S lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
Add a backup cam and two more
Vehicle cameras are a must for safer driving, and Kenwood gives you two dedicated video inputs for front and backup cameras. And if you need one more, you can configure this receiver's rear 3.5 mm A/V input as a third camera input. You can use the display's electronic angle adjustment to tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen.
Many paths to music
Kenwood includes a built-in HD Radio tuner so you can enjoy the very best audio quality in radio, plus extra programming choices on second and third channels when available. When your phone's not plugged in, a rear USB input opens up your source options too, and there's great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's extensive programming wherever you may roam.
Tune it up!
If you're a big-time system builder, you'll appreciate how the DMX809S includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs for an ultra-clean signal when you add amplifiers to your system. And if you're building a 3-way system, this receiver gives you that next-level crossover capability.
You'll also dig Kenwood's suite of sound-crafting tools, including a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. The receiver's processing power brings back the depth and detail of all your digital music sources. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better-sounding, more natural imaging.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Combined with an iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface (sold separately), the DMX809S includes intuitive vehicle integration that lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen HD display
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment (display does not physically move)
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wired and wireless Android Auto compatible
- compatible with Google Assistant voice control when using Android Auto
- wired and wireless Apple CarPlay compatible
- Siri voice control for select iPhones
- wired mirroring for iPhone and select Android devices via HDMI (adapters sold separately)
- wired mirroring for select Android devices using USB port and free MIrroring OA for Kenwood app
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- rapid Android charging via USB port
- 13-band graphic EQ
- time alignment
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB-A input, two camera inputs, rear analog A/V input (can be converted to third cam input)
- outputs: rear video output (RCA), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 modules
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # DMX809S
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver w/ fixed 6.75" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5x8mm)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card