KDC-X705: CD-Receiver with Bluetooth & HD RadioRegular price $248.00
- 255 Segment 1.5 Line Text Display
- Amazon Alexa Ready
- Built-in HD Radio Tuner
- Bluetooth Direct Access Button
- Variable Color Illumination
- 13Band EQ & Digital Time Alignment
- Front USB & AUX IN
- 3 Preouts 5.0V
Connections, clarity, and control
Whether you're simply looking for a solid replacement car stereo or a versatile media hub for a growing system, the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X705 CD receiver is a great choice. It supports lots of music options, has built-in Bluetooth® for wireless convenience, and offers easy control, including Amazon Alexa voice control. If you crave radio, this receiver provides Apple Music Radio controls for iPhone® users, has a built-in HD Radio® tuner, and offers an option for satellite radio, too. Kenwood tops it off with deep tone controls and hot preamp outputs for external amps. Kenwood also backs up this receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Alexa voice control
Load the Alexa app onto your phone and pair your phone to this Kenwood receiver, press the dedicated "Alexa" button on the faceplate, and you can access music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, and smart home controls using your voice.
Bluetooth = wireless
Bluetooth is the norm for wireless phone functionality these days. The KDC-X705 lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. You can wirelessly stream and control the playback functions of just about any Internet radio service, including Spotify, TIDAL, and Qobuz. You can also stream stored music, audiobooks, and podcasts from the phone that's active. Kenwood also added a little fun to audio streaming with their Music Mix feature — pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist (don't forget to share). Bluetooth also lets you control this stereo directly from your iPhone or Android™ phone by downloading Kenwood's free Remote app.
You can play and charge your iPhone or check out a USB drive filled with high-res FLAC files through the front USB port. Android users, you can control and play music using Bluetooth. Kenwood rounds out the connectivity with a front aux input for a portable music player. Kenwood also lets you pick the lighting color for this receiver's display and buttons for just the right look in your dash.
The KDC-X705 also gives you streaming radio options and controls for SiriusXM satellite radio (optional satellite radio tuner and subscription required) for great stations that won't fade away when you head out of town. This Kenwood also lets you enjoy HD Radio from participating stations, so you'll hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. And most participating stations send out secondary programming, giving you more choices when you're in the mood for radio. And if you're not in an area with HD Radio stations, don't worry — this Kenwood's sensitive radio tuner picks up local analog stations like a pro.
This Kenwood can play just about any audio media you throw at it.
Shape and expand your sound
This Kenwood's 13-band equalizer and digital time alignment lets you zero in on the sweet sound you prefer. You can even use Kenwood's handy Remote app to easily set your vehicle type, crossover settings, and preset EQ choice — all to get the best sound from your music. Kenwood included three sets of ultra-clean 5-volt preamp outputs to add amplifiers to high-powered speakers or a subwoofer.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- high-contrast 1.5-line display with variable-color illumination
- Amazon Alexa voice control
- plays USB drives loaded with high-res FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz) (See Details tab for model compatibility)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in Bluetooth (version 4.2) for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Music Mix feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- Android control through Bluetooth
- iPhone control through USB and Bluetooth (See Details tab for model compatibility)
- Apple Music Radio control with iPhone
- control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote app
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- digital time alignment
- subwoofer level controls with high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # KDC-X705