Audio Control - AC-LGD: Load ResistorsRegular price $49.95
Bypass your factory radio's shut down circuit
Some factory radios and amplifiers will not work without sensing that speakers (low-impedance loads) are connected to their outputs, so successfully installing an aftermarket sound processor or amplifier becomes a challenge. AudioControl's AC-LGD Load Generating Devices solve this issue by generating an acceptable impedance load and stabilizing the signal for the factory system to handle.
The AC-LGDs plug directly into any AudioControl line output converter (LOC), signal processor, or amplifier with speaker-level inputs. You can also use AC-LGDs with almost any non-AudioControl device by replacing the connectors.
Load Generating Device & Signal Stabilizer: Today's factory systems include more Class D amplifier technology which can mute, distort or emit damaging frequencies to your new aftermarket audio equipment when the factory speakers are removed. Using carefully selected resistors and a Zobel Network, AudioControl's AC-LGD has been designed to generate load and stabilize signal from the factory system to ensure the best possible audio.
Note: The maximum recommended power handling for the AC-LGD is 100 watts or 20 volts.
Installation: The AC-LGD comes in a pair and can be easily connected to your factory system upgrade with the pre-wired connectors. The AC-LGD is installed between the factory speaker outputs and your line output converter or speaker level inputs on your amp or processor. Each LGD pair comes with standard wire colors for front and rear connections. Installation is simple -
- Remove one input plug from your AudioControl active line output converter (LOC).
- Unplug one end of AC-LGD then plug the AC-LGD into the LOC.
- Install the plug you removed from the LOC to the open end of the AC-LGD.
- Connect your factory speaker signals to the AC-LGD.
- If you are using a LOC with different style connectors, you may unscrew the connectors from the AC-LGD wires and install different ones.
- To prevent damage or overheating, do not install or mount the AC-LGD below carpet or near heat sensitive components.
- The AC-LGD is NOT compatible with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. For these, a 37-50 ohm / 5-10 watt resistor must be spliced in parallel on each set of speaker wires between the factory radio and the line output converter.
- load generating devices (pair)
- plugs into AudioControl processors and amps
- compatible with most devices with speaker-level inputs
- maximum power handling: 100 watts or 20 volts per channel
- warranty: 5 years